9/18/15

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 9/19

Image source

As at ocean's edge
so in my heart, Lord:
tides come high and low, in and out,
they rise and fall
as days and years go by...

High tide brings sweet waves of joy:
my heart an ocean full of life to buoy me up,
afloat on waters sometimes rolling gently,
sometimes rough and stormy,
sometimes calm and still...

But then the tide goes out
and sometimes with it slips my heart,
my spirits muddied, worried, grieved:
on tidal flats I stand and scan the ocean's reach
for hope's return, for waves of joy to crash again
upon this stretch of beach I call my own...

No moon commands the pull of tides within my heart:
only you, Lord, know the rise and fall
that one day is my peace and oh-too-soon,
another day, my pain...

Only you can save me from the roiling seas
and give me hope when low tide strands me
on the sadness of a lonely shore...

As sure as high tide follows low
I trust you'll lift my spirits, Lord,
and bid me swim again
in waters joyful with your healing
and rising with your blessing...

But when the tide is low, stand by my side
(I know you do) and keep your steady vigil:
watch with me through dark of night
until the tide begins to turn
and soft waves steal upon the shore
and wash with grace between my toes...

Amen.





 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!