9/19/15

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 9/20

Image source

These beautiful days
find my windows open to breezes
stirring the curtains and flapping the shades:
September slipping past the door
and into every nook and cranny,
fresh with air my home inhales...

My soul needs just those breezes, Lord,
your Spirit breathing grace in me
and cleansing what's gone stale
within my heart...

AC's no match for nature's way:
her breezy kisses all aflutter,
landing gently here and there,
sweet upon my flesh and deeper, too,
in places I'd forgotten...

Open wide the windows of my heart
to breezes stirring in the curtained corners
where I sometimes hide from grace, from you,
and from your Spirit's sweet caress...

Raise the shades that keep me in the dark
and let September slip into my soul
to rouse your life afresh within...


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!