10/16/15

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 10/17

Image source


Maybe not today
   but there are times and there are seasons
     when I feel like I've fallen - and I can't get up...

When those days come:
   Lift me up, Lord - please, lift me up!

Lift me up with a word of faith
   to help me trust that you are near
      and always by my side...

Lift me up with a word of love
   to help me see within my self
      your beauty dwelling in my soul...

Lift me up with a word of hope
   to cut the darkness with your light
      and help me trust the peace you give...

Lift me up with a word of truth
   to help me see where you are leading me,
      the path that I should walk...

Lift me up with a word of healing
   for the ache within my soul
      and the hurt within my heart...

Lift me up with a word of trust
   in those who counsel me, who care for me
      and guide me through my fears...

Lift me up with a word of peace
   to free my soul from all that troubles me
       and locks me in my self...

Lift me up with a word of wisdom
   to resolve my doubts
   and calm my mind's confusion...

Lift me up with a word of strength
   when I am weak and cannot move
      for fear of falling and of failing...

Lift me up with a word of mercy
   to refresh my soul with grace,
      the hope that only you can give...

Lift me up with a word of wonder
   to open me in faith,
      to believe in you again...

Lift me up with a word of courage:
   help me speak what my heart knows,
      what word is mine to share...

Lift me up with a word of grace
   to kindle in my heart the trust
      to love and to be loved...

Lift me up with your strong hand, O Lord,
   to raise my soul from lonely depths,
      to joyful heights with you...

Lift me up, Lord!
Lift me up, O Lord,
lift me up!

Amen.





 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!