11/8/15

Monday Morning Offering: 11/9

Coffee in the Morning: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God...

It's barely mid-November
yet these shortened days already
shade my heart and leave me
longing for the spring
while winter waits,
just weeks away…

The end of saving daylight
darkens every afternoon,
sunny days and cloudy all alike:
a hush falls by four
and by five the moon is shining
on a leafy harvest rustled
from bare branches
all around…

Remind me, Lord, how moonlight’s
but the sun diffused:
Sol’s reflected beams
bedding nature for a good night’s sleep,
bound for wintry rest…

November’s moon is August’s sun:
one light, one source, one hope
that winter’s chill will bow, come time,
and yield again to light that saves
for longer days
and nature’s greening once again
and waking to the spring…

Give me, a child of your light,
safe passage through this season, Lord:
give me trust to wait the Day
whose warmth no wind can chill,
whose light no darkness knows,
whose sun will never set…

I offer you my autumn hope
for spring on winter's far side
and for summer yet to come...

Receive my morning offering
as this day and week begin -
and hold me always, Lord,
in the season of your peace…

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!