4/1/16

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 4/2

Doubting Thomas by Tom Alberts

(This weekend's gospel tells the story of Doubting Thomas)

Thomas was a doubter, Lord,
and sometimes I am, too...

Sometimes I doubt you, Lord:
your love for me,
your care for me...

And I often doubt myself...

Doubt can back me into a lonely corner
and leave me short on hope...

Thomas needed to see
your suffering's wounds
before he'd believe
in your risen glory...

Sometimes it's my own wounds
that keep me from believing
you're there for me,
wanting only the best for me...

Help me look, Lord, with Thomas,
look upon your wounds
to remind me you're no stranger
to what suffering may be mine...

Show me how the Cross
is the only path to peace,
that there is no other way
to get there...

Remind me how my pain
marks the very place
where you, Lord,  come to meet me:
where you come to mend and heal
my soul and doubts,
to lead me to your risen peace...

Like Thomas, Lord, I'm a doubter:
   deepen my faith
   and make me a believer...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!