6/4/16

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 6/5

Image source

(I've often posted this prayer in June...)

Sometimes when I pray, Lord,
I imagine sitting next to you
on a park bench, on a warm June day,
a grassy carpet at my feet...

Sometimes we just sit there, Lord, 
just the two of us,
in a moment made holy
by the quiet...

Or I pour out my heart to you

and share my cares and worries
while you listen 
and gently wipe away my tears...

Sometimes I savor memories 

of joyful, peaceful times,
held deep within my heart,
stored up for harder days...

Sometimes I wait and listen, 

(oh, how I listen!)
for a word that you might whisper
right from your heart to my own...

And sometimes I hear nothing 
save the silence of your presence
and often, though not always, Lord, 
that's word enough for me...

Yes, sometimes we just sit, 

just you and me together, Lord, 
and sitting by your side
is just enough, just what I need...

I never have to wait for you:
you're always at our bench,
waiting patiently for me
and all that my heart holds...

You're never in a hurry, Lord,

you're always pleased to stay 
and pass the time for just as long
as I may like or need... 

And you listen, Lord,
while birds chirp in the trees,
you listen oh-so-closely when my silence
is the only prayer I make... 

You listen close with all your heart
to every prayer that's mine:
you hear my words, my silence, Lord
and that makes all the difference...

Sometimes when I pray, Lord,
I imagine sitting next to you
on a park bench, on a warm June day,
a grassy carpet at my feet...

Amen.

Find a park bench today
down the street, in a park,
in your heart, in your prayer...

The Lord is waiting there,
waiting for you to come and join him
in the quiet, in the silence, in your prayer...
 
He's waiting to listen 
with all his heart
for all you have to say and  pray
- and that makes all the difference...


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!