8/18/16

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 8/19

Sunset over Hyannis Harbor: photo by CP

(It takes a while to decompress from vacation: 
prayer helps...)

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of the last two weeks:
for the time away, for the rest and peace;
for the quiet hours, the prayer and reflection;
for some time with friends and lots of time alone,
for time with you
and for the beauty all 'round me...

Let me take none of this for granted, Lord,
but make my heart gratefully aware of all your gifts:
on vacation and at home, in my work and in my rest;
when I'm most at peace and when I can't find peace;
when I know you're at my side
and when it seems I cannot find you...

In every moment, Lord, your gifts are mine
if I but trust in you
and open wide my eyes to see them...

Thank you for the gifts of the last two weeks, Lord:
give me grace to hold them in my heart, in my mind
and in my memories,
especially as vacation memories fade away...

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of my vacation:
may the rest and peace I've known
make me strong for all that lies ahead...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!