8/20/16

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 8/20

My porch by candle light...

Last night I was back on my own porch, Lord,
home from vacation...

Gone is my window view of the harbor
- but it's good to be home again...

Gone is the pool
just steps from my door
- but it's good to be back home...

Gone is the luxury of someone making my bed
and cleaning my room every day
- but it's good to be home...

Gone is the leisure of lazy days
- but it's good to be home again...

It's good to be home where my window looks out
on the town and people I serve...

It's good to be home where just steps from my door
is the church where I pray with my parish...

It's good to be home where all is familiar,
not special or different,
just simply, beautifully, ordinary...

It's good to be home where I do for myself
and take pride in the home that I make...

It's good to be home to engage once again
the work of the gospel's message...

It's good to be home, refreshed and rested,
ready, I pray, for what comes my way...

It's good to be home on my porch once again,
where prayer and peace daily meet...

Vacation was great but it's good to be home, Lord,
for home is the place where I live
and home is the place that I love
and home is where you wait for me
to make a home for you...

Amen.




 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!