9/5/16

Musing on a Monday afternoon...

Image source

I'm enjoying this Labor Day holiday. 
This year it's truly a day off: no meetings,  no appointments, no deadlines, no commitments - plenty of time for rest, prayer and relaxation, all with minimal distractions...

Just sitting on my porch this afternoon it struck me: that this is what the Sabbath is meant to be...

My Sabbath, of course, is a busy day, very much a work day, filled with presiding and preaching,
meeting and greeting and commitments to special events...

But the sweetness of this quiet Monday off reminds me just how much I need some Sabbath rest each week...

The Creator was right in taking a day off and urging us to do the same...

And you?

Is there time on your Sabbath for rest and prayer and relaxation, with minimal distractions?  And if not on the Sabbath, then when in the week can you, will you, make some time: to rest, to pray and to relax, with minimal distractions?

Thank God for the sweetness of Sabbath time...


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!