10/29/16

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 10/29

Image source

Details:
oh, so many foolish details
consuming all my time
and diverting my attention
from the things that truly matter,
things deserving my observance,
things that really make a difference
and are clearly more important
than those tiny foolish details...

But the truth is, Lord:
I sometimes hide in the details
to escape my responsibility
for greater tasks and duties...
Sometimes I stall in the details,
slow to move on all the work
I know I should be doing...
Sometimes I focus on the details
lest I see the bigger picture
and where my place in it might be...
Sometimes I fuss with all the details
to avoid the real concerns
that deserve my full attention...
And sometimes, Lord,
I lose myself in details,
pretending not to see you
by my side, at my right hand...
Open my eyes and open my ears,
refocus my mind and heart:
find me, Lord, and free me
when I'm in the weeds of detail...

Let me see the full horizon
and the work that's mine to do:
rescue and deliver me
from those foolish little details...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!