10/29/16

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 10/30

Photo by Mark Penta

Before you strip the trees of all their color, Lord,
before the branches shed their fallish frocks,
take out your brush once more and camouflage my life...

Blend me in and hide me in the colors all around
and clothe me in a jacket dyed bloodred:
fall's final affirmation, autumn's triumph,
nature signing as the artist on all the work you've done,
your promise of victory over any season's passing...

Paint me in the scene and let me see within
the beauty all about me, the colors of your life
bleeding out from my soul's palette, mixed and
brightened in late October light...

Camouflage my life in hues of grace
and blend me into your embrace as my heart sheds
its autumn mood and looks to winter's coming
with its gray and shorter days...

Clothe my soul in bloodred love
and plant the seeds of spring within
where they might sleep 'til light and warmth again
will tease, rouse and wake to bloom
a garden of your colors,
a new spring of your glory...

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!