11/18/16

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 11/18



Lord,
I know your Spirit is with me 24/7/365,
pushing and pulling me,
prompting and prodding me,
nudging and urging me
to love what's good,
to do the next right thing,
to speak the truth,
to help my neighbor,
to choose wisely,
to lift my heart in prayer
and to walk humbly by your side...

But so often,
too often, Lord,
I'm deaf to your voice,
blind to your presence
and too busy, too lazy,
too foolish, too self-absorbed
to see, to hear, to notice
all the ways your Spirit moves
in me, around me and through me...

Today, Lord,
open my ears, my eyes,
my imagination, my prayer,
my heart and my soul
to your Spirit,
living and breathing in me
and those all around me...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!