11/17/16

Pause or Prayer: THURSDAY 11/17

Image source

Slow me down, Lord: 
when I can't stop the merry-go-round on my own,
slow me down... 

When my ears and mind,
my thoughts and heart are filled with noise,    
slow me down, Lord,
and show me a path to a quiet place... 

When I'm standing still
but moving 60 MPH inside,    
put the brakes on, Lord:
slow me down
and bring me to a stop by your side...

Bring me to a quiet place
where I can hear my own breathing         
and your Spirit breathing within me:
a place where I might hear
just what I need to hear...

Help me savor the silence
and find some peace of mind and heart 
in the quiet, in my soul...

Bring me to a quiet place today, Lord, 
wherever, whenever that might be...

Help me find and make the time 
to sit with you today,
in the peace that's only yours to give... 

Slow me down, Lord:
let me be still
and know that you are God...

Today, Lord, please,
slow me down, 
today...

Amen.


 
   

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!