11/11/16

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 11/5

Image source

Though my sails be torn and tattered, and the mast be turned about
let the night wind chill me to my very soul
though the spray might sting my eyes, and the stars no light provide
give me just another morning light to hold...

Today's Pause for Prayer is a nautical ballad.  I'm grateful to John McGinty for posting this on Facebook and the opportunity to share it with you.


Sailors Prayer from Dan Newman on Vimeo.


A Sailor's Prayer
by Rod MacDonald

Though my sails be torn and tattered, and the mast be turned about
let the night wind chill me to my very soul
though the spray might sting my eyes, and the stars no light provide
give me just another morning light to hold

(Chorus)
For I will not lie me down, this rain a-ragin'
no I will not lie me down, in such a storm
and if this night be unblessed, I shall not take my rest
until I reach another shore

Though the only water left, is but salt to wound my thirst
I will drink the rain that falls so steady down
. . . though night's blindness be my gift, and there be thieves upon my drift
I will thank the fog that shelters me along
(Chorus)

Though me mates be drained and weary, and it seems their hopes are lost
there's no need for their bones on that blackened bottom
and though death waits just off the bow, we will not answer to him now
he shall stand to face the morning light without us
(Chorus) 



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!