1/27/17

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 1/27

Image source

I've read that daylight lengthens
by two minutes and seven seconds a day,
beginning after the winter solstice...

Leaving for Boston today at 4:30
I noticed that it was still light out
and it stayed partially light
until I got into the city -
and I was grateful, Lord!

But...
well in addition to being grateful,
I couldn't help but wonder why
the days lengthen so slowly
and that led me to wonder why
you act so slowly, Lord:
sometimes so slowly
it seems you don't move at all...

Help me be patient with the slowness, Lord,
in nature, in you
and in myself...

Help me notice and rejoice
in two minutes and seven seconds
more daylight today
than yesterday...

Help me trust that you move
as slowly and as fast
as your wisdom intends
and that in your time, Lord,
in your time not mine,
that all shall be well,
and all shall be well
and all manner of things
shall be well...

And when I am slow,
slow to change, to trust, to learn,
to become the person you created me to be,
give me patience with my efforts,
help me lean upon your love
and grow in the light of your grace even just
two minutes and seven seconds more today
than yesterday...

And help me remember
that in your time, Lord,in your time not mine,
that all shall be well,
that all manner of things
shall be well...
Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!