1/27/17

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 1/28


So, here I am, Lord,
at the beginning of another day
and like every day
this day's a gift from you:
   a clean slate,
   a fresh start,
   a present to be opened,
   a mystery to be lived,
   an opportunity to be taken,
   a chance to begin again...

Like every day, Lord,
this day invites me to:
   live in your love,
   share myself freely,
   speak in truth
   and serve my neighbor...

Like every other day, Lord,
you offer to:
   walk by my side,
   shelter my heart,
   enlighten my thoughts,
   forgive my sins
   and wash me in mercy...

Like every other day, Lord,
I can choose:
   to waste all you generously offer
   or accept and share the gifts I receive...

So on this day, Lord:
   open my heart to your love,
   my mind to your wisdom,
   my thoughts to your truth,
   my soul to your mercy
   and my hands to serve those in need...

Like any other day, Lord,
this day is your gift to me:
   may I come to its close in peace,
   having spent it with you by my side...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!