1/26/17

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 1/26


Over the past couple of months, Lord,
I've had the chance to get to know better
someone I've known for decades...

A particular circumstance has brought us together
and for this I'm very glad, indeed...

Part of me regrets
that so many years have slipped away
but a greater part of me is grateful
for the blessing I now know...

Because I believe
all blessings flow from you, O Lord,
I thank you for yesterday afternoon:
for the connection and conversation,
for plans made
and for blessings yet to come...

Open my mind and heart
to other relationships and their grace,
especially those already near at hand
in my family, parish and neighborhood,
at my workplace and my school...

Who knows what other blessings are in store?
Well, you know, Lord -
and I pray that with your help
I'll not let them pass me by...

I praise and thank you, Lord my God,
from whom all blessings flow!

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!