2/25/17

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 2/26

mage source

Lord, I'm longing for spring to come
with its promise of light and new life...

The first day of spring's still three weeks away
but come Wednesday, March 1,
with purple, prayer and ashes
a springtime of grace will begin  to dawn
and invite me to new life in you...

Lent is spring training
for my mind, my heart and my soul:
time to strengthen what's now weak,
time to tone up what's gone soft,
time to remember what I've forgotten,
time to let go what I don't need
time to find what I need the most...

Lent's a new beginning:
a time for taking stock,
a time to look within,
a time to be honest about my failings,
a time to make up for my sins,
a time to ask you for your pardon,
a time to set things right with you
and anyone I have hurt...

Lent's a season of your grace:
a time to speak to you in  prayer,
a time to listen for your voice,
a time to study your good Word,
a time to seek your truth and wisdom
a time to live as you command...

Lent's a time of mercy:
a time for me to give more freely
of all I have to give,
a time to give more generously
of the bounty that is mine,
a time for me to tend my neighbor's needs,
a time to reach out to the poor,
a time to empty out myself
and not to count the cost...

Lord, I'm longing for the spring to come
with its promise of light and new life:
help me begin, now, to turn my heart to you
and prepare for Lent,
for this springtime of your grace
in my mind, my heart and soul...


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!