3/6/17

Monday Morning Offering: 3/6

Morning Coffee by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

It's Lent, Lord,
and I offer you my desire
to get a few things right...

Help me get Lent right this year, Lord,
so I can get myself right with you...

Help me get prayer right this Lent:
   email my mind with thoughts of you;
   text my heart every day with your word;
   and help me be sure to hit REPLY!

Help me get fasting right this Lent:
   help me give up something I'll really miss;
   help me feel the emptiness the sacrifice creates;
   help me fill that space with a greater good...

Help me get almsgiving* right this Lent:
   make me more generous than I've ever been;
   help me give until I feel the pinch, the cost;
   show me ways to share the bounty that's mine...

Help me get Lent right this year, Lord:
   I offer my need to change what needs changing;
   I offer my prayer for you to change me;
   I offer my desire to be open to change;
   I offer my hope that these changes will last...

Help me get a few things right, Lord:
   help me get things right with you;
   help me get things right with those around me;
   and help me get things right with myself...

Help me get Lent right this year, Lord,
so I can get myself right with you...

Amen.

*serving the needs of the poor, 
providing for those in need

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!