3/28/17

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 3/28


Lord,
the ad says America Runs On Dunkin
and that's got me wondering: 
   What do I run on...

What's fuels me, Lord?
What keeps me going?
What keeps my motor running smooth? 
What keeps my energy level above E?


Sometimes I fill up on regular
when premium's right there,
mine for the taking...

Sometimes I settle for the discount stuff
when you offer octane
higher than I deserve..

Sometimes I second guess the guage
and hope (and pray)
I'll make it home before I'm in trouble...

America Runs On Dunkin, Lord,
but I want to run on your grace,
your Spirit to fuel me and keep me going...

I want to run on your Spirit's fumes,
your breath my power
for the long haul ahead...

I need the drive of your Spirit within,
to rev up my soul,
my heart and my drive...

Lord, fill me up - high test!
And keep me running smooth
on the road you've set before me...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!