5/25/17

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 5/26

Image source

There are many ways to sin, Lord,
and I sin in many ways
but no sin is greater
than the failure to love and honor
a person you have made...

So I ask for your mercy today,
I ask for your forgiveness for the times I've failed
to love my neighbor
in my own family and household,
in my neighborhood,
at work and at school,
in my parish and my community...

Forgive me when I fail to love
(through my prejudice, anger and envy)
any group or race of people
whom I may or may not personally know...

Forgive me when I speak and act
as if my politics and opinions
give me freedom to hate someone,
regardless of how fateful might be
the words and deeds of others...

Forgive me when I see only others' faults,
others' sins, others' weaknesses
and fail to see and love in them
what you, Lord, see and love in them...

And, Lord, forgive me when I fail
to love myself...

Forgive me when I fail or refuse to see
and to honor and reverence whatever in me
you see and love...

Forgive me when I fail to hope and trust
that I am yet a work in progress
in the studio of creation,
where you, the finest of all fine artists,
continue to mold and shape me in your image,
to work on my rough edges,
and bring out the beauty of your love in me,
your presence in my soul...

Forgive me when I fail to love my neighbor, Lord,
and forgive me when I fail to love myself
for when I fail to love my neighbor or myself,
I fail to love you, Lord,
whom I should love above all people and all things..

Give me mercy and pardon, Lord,
and teach me to love...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!