6/1/17

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 6/2

Photo by Grace Scimone

Yesterday, Lord, I complained about the clouds
but a friend who farms reminded me
how grateful she is for the overcast skies,
the cloud cover making a days work so much,
so significantly easier...

The proverbial silver lining, Lord:
while I saw only darkness
Grace found reason to be grateful 
and didn't forget how behind the clouds
the sun is always shining,
the sun that will warm her planting
to growth, to fruit, to harvest...

When all I see is darkness, Lord,
when all is see is an overcast sky,
give me grace to find the silver lining
and to remember how behind the clouds 
the sun is always shining, waiting to warm me 
and give me reason to be grateful 
regardless of the sky's foreboding gray...

Give me grace to heal my sadness
- make peaceable all my strife -
until the sun comes once again
with all the light and warmth I need
and the harvest of your love...

Amen.




Look for the silver lining
When e're  a cloud appears in the blue
Remember somewhere the sun is shining
And so the right thing to do is make it shine for you


A heart full of joy and gladness
Will always banish sadness and strife
So always look for the silver lining
And try to find the sunny side of life


So always look for the silver lining
And try to find the sunny side of life

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!