6/1/17

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY June 1




OK, Lord -
enough's enough!

It's the first day of June
and I think it not unreasonable
to look for signs of spring I trust
are hidden somewhere in these cool and cloudy days...

I want to be grateful for spring's annual return
and for the hope it brings of summer
and of days to rest in shady spots
protected from the haze and heat...

But you've delayed the start of spring
and though I can't help wonder why
still I'll thank you, Lord,
for a season's change to hope for
and I'll thank you, Lord,
for spring times now long past
and I'll thank you, Lord, for how I trust
that no matter how long you delay
you'll be faithful to your word
that out of every winter's death
a springtime will be born
and from it summertime, sweet summertime,
with all its light and warmth and joy...

Amen.







 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!