6/23/17

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 6/23

Photo by CP

Approaching the bridge on my morning walk
you surprised me, Lord,
with a fragrance I hadn't noticed yesterday
or the day before...

For a moment I thought:
you saved this for today!

But the fragrance came from lilac trees
whose branches now for two days past
had given shade and shelter
to my pausing here and to my prayer,
to my encounter with your presence
in the waters rushing by...

I want to breathe you in, Lord,
until your scent, your breath,
become my own...

I'd heard you in the rapids' rush,
I'd seen you in the foamy flow,
now I've inhaled you:
the scent of sanctity, thick upon the air,
near the corner of 8th and Taos
in Georgetown, Colorado....

Amen.

Be imitators of God, therefore, as beloved children,
and walk in love, just as Christ loved us
and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering...
- Ephesians 5:2


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!