7/7/17

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 7/7



Today, Lord, I choose to believe in you 
   - not to try to go it alone -
    but to believe in your loving care for me...

Today, Lord, I choose to trust in you
   - not to stress out in fear and panic -
   but to trust that you're right by my side...

Today, Lord, I choose to live by your Word
   - not by my whims and fancies -
   but by the wisdom and truth of your Word...

Today, Lord, I choose to do what is right
   - not to shortcut my way through this day -
   but to do what I know to be just and fair...

Today, Lord, I choose to tell the truth
   - not to lie and cheat for the sake of ease -
   but to speak the truth in my words and deeds...

Today, Lord, I choose to reach out to others
   - putting others' needs ahead of my own -
   learning to love as I want to be loved...

Today, Lord, I choose to look for the good
   - in spite of my bent to see all that's wrong - 
   and to find in what's good the touch of your hand...

Today, Lord, I choose to walk your path
   - following your map, not my own -
   until I find you within me as well as beside me...

Today, Lord, I choose to live as I'm called
   - not for my own gain but for my neighbors'-
   til my choices, always, choose you above all...

Today I choose:
   love over hate,
   truth over lies,
   trust over fear,
   life over death,
   wisdom over folly,
   compassion over selfishness,
   my neighbor over me,
   and you, Lord, over all...
    Today, Lord,I choose what will help me to grow
   in your truth, in your grace, 
   in your peace and your joy...

Today, Lord,  
I choose you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!