7/8/17

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 7/8


Saw some signs on the road today, Lord,
and I wondered
if you wouldn't mind placing signs just like these
along the path that of my life's journeys...

There'll always be bumps on my road
- some big, some small -
but if only you'd give me a warning, a hint,
a clue of what lies ahead...


A sign to caution me,
warn and advise me
when trouble's ahead:
a bump in the road,
all set to upset
the smooth ride I want to be taking...


Just a sign to slow my hurried pace,
my waste-making haste,
my rushing and speeding
and failing to see
the bumps ahead on my path...


And sometimes it's you, Lord,
who puts the bumps there,
bumps in the road for slowing me down
and for giving me:
   time to rest
     and renew my strength;
   time to be mindful
      of those around me;
   time to be faithful
      to you in prayer;
   time to rest
      and ponder with care
      the journey I'm on
      and why I'm rushing,
      and tripping and falling
      on bumps in the road
      - getting nowhere fast...

So, just slow me down, Lord:
big bumps or small,
I know there'll always be some...

Just slow me down
to make the time
to be mindful of you,
my neighbor, myself
and the road I'm traveling,
bumps and all,
the road I'm traveling
home to you...

Amen.
   

 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!