7/27/17

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 7/27



Lord,
it's taken too many decades
til I've welcomed your grace
astir in my heart,
restless in my soul,
patiently waiting
to move me to joy
   in the midst of my troubles,
to lead me to peace
   when my burdens are many,
to know your healing
   while my heart's still aching,
to rest content
   in my discontent,
to trust in your presence
   when I cannot find you...

Too many decades, Lord,
   to come to this time and finally find
      peace greater than I've ever known,
      joy deeper that I'd ever imagined,
      love stronger than I ought deserve...

Too many decades
   but now, in your time
     which is right on time,
   now, not too late
      (only why not before?)
   now, in this moment
      (may it never end!)
   now, in your grace
      this gift freely given,
   now, in your arms
      so strong and embracing,
   now, yes right now
      and as never before,
   now, hear my praise, Lord,
      my heart's grateful song,..
   now in this moment,
      the day you have made...

Amen.
     
     
  
  

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!