8/26/17

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 8/27

Photo by Bob Bowers

Summer's on the wane, Lord,
and I doubt I'll make it to the shore again
to sit with you at sunrise
and begin another day at water's edge...

But no matter where I am,
be it cloudy, sunny, hazy or clear,
your sun will rise on my horizon and,
alone or in a crowd, you'll be there by my side
as each new day begins...

There's beauty in creation, Lord,
but even more within my heart, deep in my soul
where your warm light, your hope and wisdom
rise each day to shine upon the waters of my life...

So even as the summer fades, shine bright for me
and turn my face to you: be my horizon, Lord,
and meet me in whatever place
your Spirit leads my steps...

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!