8/5/17

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 8/6

Image source

(One of our cantors is singing Duke Ellington's "Come Sunday" this weekend at the 10:30 Mass.  So, after pausing with my prayer, please do listen to the audio that follows, featuring that song as rendered by Branford Marsalis and Kathleen Battle.)

   Could be, Lord, 
      I haven't paid you much attention this past week
      - except for when I wanted something from you...

   So...

      if I've been too busy to make the time to stop and pray,
         to sit and talk with you and just to listen...       
      if I lived some days or nights this week
         as if you weren't there, right by my side...

      if I've let my worry, fear or anger keep me 
         from your gentle hand reaching out to mine...

      then come Sunday, Lord, today:
         I turn my face to yours,
         I open up my heart to you in prayer,
         I look for you at my right hand
            and pray you'll heal whatever pain
               might keep me from your peace...

      And in the week ahead, Lord, lead me
         to be more faithful to your presence, day and night,
            until Sunday comes again...

   Amen.



Come Sunday, oh come Sunday, that's the day.
Lord, dear Lord above, God almighty,
God of love, please look down and see my people through.
   I believe that God put sun and moon up in the sky.
   I don't mind the gray skies
   'cause they're just clouds passing by.
Lord, dear Lord above, God almighty,
God of love, please look down and see my people through.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!