10/5/17

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 10/6

My porch door on a bright October morning

After rainy days and chilly nights
these days of warmth and light are pure gifts, Lord,
these bonus days,
keeping fresh my summer memories,
softening the sure arrival of the fall
and frost to follow...

These bonus days are glorious
and there's not a chance
I'd miss a one of them but
I wonder, Lord,
what other special moments,
pure gifts of grace,
fall into my lap in every season,
all year around...

Don't let me miss a one of them,
especially those I'm not expecting,
don't anticipate,
don't even know I need
until you, who know my heart better than I,
until you with grace so generous,
surprise and bless me
with a bonus day or moment,
pure gifts from you
from whom all blessings flow...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!