10/7/17

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 10/8



We can be grateful to St. Paul  for this good counsel:

Think about these things:
whatever is true...
whatever is honorable...
whatever is just...
whatever is pure...
whatever is lovely...
whatever is gracious...
if there is anything of excellence,
anything worthy of praise:
think about these things...
Lord,
wherever my thinking has strayed,
however my thinking has deceived me,
whenever I've failed to think
   before speaking or acting,
whatever my thinking has tempted me to do,
whatever my thinking has kept me from doing:
help me think today
of what is true and honorable,
just and pure,
lovely and gracious,
of excellence and worthy of praise...

May your thoughts be my thoughts, Lord,
and may your thoughts rule my day...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!