11/10/17

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 11/12

- William Arthur Ward

Of this I can be certain, Lord:
the day ahead of me
is jam-packed with opportunities:
to change in me what needs to be changed,
to forgive someone who's offended me,
to work on things put off too long,
to let go a grudge, a resentment,
to rejoice in my neighbor's blessings,
to speak a word I need to say,
to ask pardon of someone I've hurt,
to get my butt up off the couch,
to make peace with friends and family,
to drink in nature's beauty,
to open my heart to someone in need,
to contact someone missing me,
to be grateful for what I have,
to console and comfort the burdened,
to walk my talk with integrity,
to right a wrong I'm part of,
to walk in my neighbor's shoes,
to look for the best in others,
to simplify my cluttered life,
to close my mouth and listen up,
to seek out wisdom, prudence and truth,
to slow down, stop and speak with you,
to ask for your forgiveness,
to place my troubles in your care,
to trust that you are always there,
to name you as my Lord and God,
to thank you for my blessings
to share the gifts you've given me,
and to grow in your love and grace...
All these opportunities, these invitations,
pack and fill the day ahead:
help me at least scratch the surface, Lord,
to make of my day
the day you made it to be...

Amen.




 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!