3/30/18

Do not go into the garden...

Paschal moon: photo by Mark Hoggard

Do not go into the garden,
Oh! Jesus,
do not go into the garden before dawn!

But if I do not go into the garden in the dead of night,
who will lead you to the sunrise of Paradise?
I will go into the garden in the dead of night.
Do not let them bind your hands,
Oh! Jesus,
do not let them bind your hands without a word!
If I do not let them bind my hands like a thief,
who will break open the prisons
in which you languish?

I will let them bind my hands like a thief.
Do not hang on the cross,
Oh! Jesus,
do not hang on the cross 'til you die!
If I do not hang on the cross like a bird,
who will protect you from the flames of hell?

I will hang on the cross like a bird.
Do not let your heart be pierced,
Oh! Jesus,
do not let your heart be pierced by executioners!
If I do not let my heart be pierced like a ripe fruit,
from whom will you drink the blood and water
that will heal you?

I will let my heart be pierced
like a ripe fruit.

Do not go to into the tomb,
Oh! Jesus,
do not go into the tomb that they have dug!
If I do not go into the tomb
like a grain of wheat,
who will lift from your coffins your lifeless bodies?
I will go into the tomb to sleep there.

- The Days of the Lord






     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!