3/9/18

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 3/10




Over the past week, Lord,
I've found myself
sometimes feeling far away from you
and other times as close (or closer)
than ever I have been...

Though some days you seem distant
I know there's not a moment,
day and night,
when you're not by my side:
before me, behind me,
above me, below me,
within and beside me...

It's your grace,
always your move, Lord,
that beckons,
calls me out of hiding,
sets me on the right path
and draws me home
into the warm embrace
of your strong and loving arms...

You never leave me, Lord
(you never have, you never will)
but I've a host of ways
to turn and hide from you,
from your word and from your truth,
closing my eyes
to your wisdom and counsel,
your guiding presence at my side...

For the times I've run away
(or tried to)
I ask your pardon, Lord,
and for the times you've brought me back
I give you thanks and praise...

Draw me close
when I'm inclined to lose my way
and let me never, never
be separated from you...

Amen.




 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!