3/10/18

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 3/11



First, a little background on this day. It's Laetare (Rejoice!) Sunday, the halfway point of Lent. There are two ways to look at this day: "Lent is half over!" - or - "We're halfway to Easter!" Or both! Today the somber purple of Lent is lightened to rose, calling us to rejoice, even in this season of sacrifice and penance... Sometimes life is like this: calling us to rejoice when our hearts are heavy...

Let's pause and pray


Lord, help me find the joy of your Spirit
   even and especially when things aren't going well...

help me find your consoling peace
   when I'm burdened with grief...

help me find my refuge in you
   when I feel I have no place to go...

help me find the gift of faith
   when my mind is filled with doubt...

help me know your wisdom
   when I don't know what to do...

help me find new hope in you
   when it seems all hope is gone...

help me find your grace and strength
   when I'm surrounded by temptation...

help me find your healing love
   when I'm angry and resentful...

help me know your presence
   when I'm feeling most alone...

help me find true joy, Lord,
   in the middle of Lent,
      halfway to Easter...

Amen.




     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!