5/17/18

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 5/18


As Pentecost approaches this weekend, Lord,
   I pray you renew your gifts within me...

When I received the sacrament of Confirmation
you gave me the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit:

wisdom...
understanding...
right judgment...
courage...
knowledge...
reverence...
wonder  
and awe in your presence... 

And so I pray...

When I'm being selfish and foolish,
   fill me with your wisdom...

When I'm confused and confounded,
   give me understanding...

When I have choices to make,
   grant me the gift of right judgement...

When I find it hard to say and to do what I know is right,
   strengthen me with with the gift of courage...

When I realize how much I don't know about you, my God, 
   fill my heart, mind and soul with the gift of knowledge...

When I see that I only pray when I want something,
  give me the gift of reverence...

When I think I know pretty much everything,
   fill me with a sense of wonder as I stand before creation...

When it seems like I've forgotten who you are in my life, O God,
  give me the gift of prayer, of quiet time in your presence...

Send your Holy Spirit to me this Pentecost, Lord,
  renew your Spirit within me and all the gifts you've given me...

Amen.



  

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!