6/16/18

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 6/16




I had lunch the other day with an old friend, Lord,
   someone I haven't seen in quite a while.
Immediate connections were made: we're tied together
   by a shared history of memories, joys and sorrows...

In no time at all it seemed that no time had passed
   since "back in the day."
Yesteryear's best survives as a gift
   while mercy takes care of the rest...

You and I have connections that link us, too, Lord:
   the history of my sharing with you my burdens and joys;
we have memories in common and you know them all:
   the good and the bad, the forgiven, the forgotten...

So, let's have lunch, Lord - just you and me:
  a sandwich, coffee, some chips and an apple;
let's reconnect and get back together
   and pick up where we left off...

If I make the time and the place to meet you
   I know you'll be there before I arrive;
we'll remember the best of what's made us friends
   and let mercy take care of the rest...
     
Amen.


  


   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!