9/13/18

Sitting on my porch at 2:45 a.m.

Image source

At 2:30 this morning the rain was so intense that I went to my porch
to enjoy it and to pray...

Let your healing soak me, Lord,
as a hard, steady rain:
your mercy, a heavy downpour,
your reign, a summer shower...

Soak me, drench me
- all but drown me!

Leave me dripping,
wet with moist anointings
of your freely given grace:
my toes and every inch of me
refreshed and cleansed
in showers strong and bracing...

Lift my face in joy, Lord,
refresh me with your rain:
let me drink it in
and drink it down, deep,
until my thirst for you is quenched...

Rain, rain,
reign of my Lord,
rain down on me
and never, never go away...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!