10/29/18

Monday Morning Offering: 10/29

Morning Coffee by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Today, Lord, I offer you my rough edges
and pray you'll buff them smooth
with the gift of your grace...

I offer you all my unfinished business,
things left undone
with you, with my neighbor and with myself:
send your Spirit to nudge and guide me
to act, to move, to complete and accomplish
the work that's mine to do...

I offer you, Lord, my indifferent, apathetic side:
send the power of your Spirit
to stretch, expand and develop me,
to broaden, deepen and open me
to the fullness of the person
you created me to be...

I offer you this morning
the secret corners of my heart and mind,
the crevices in my soul,
overgrown with weeds of anger and bitterness,
cluttered with the trash of grudges and resentments,
filled with things I neither want nor need
but collect and hoard nonetheless:
send your Spirit, Lord,
to weed, prune, sweep, clean and simplify my life
until my heart's a home fit for you...

And, Lord, I offer you all my unfulfilled dreams,
my frustrated plans, my unmet expectations,
my dashed hopes.
Send your Spirit to help me discern and accept:
the plans I should commit to
and those I should abandon;
the paths you'd have me follow,
and those I should avoid;
the dreams I should pursue
and those I should let go...

Let your Spirit fall afresh on me,
to purify my mind and heart,
to anoint my soul with mercy:
recreate me in your image, Lord,
and sustain me with your grace
this morning, day and evening
and through the week ahead...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!