10/7/18

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 10/7



It's Sunday, Lord...

It's the Lord's Day, your day:
at least that's what we say...

Of the week's seven days,
this one's yours, Lord -
at least in theory if not in my practice...

So, help me, Lord,
help me live this day, your day,
a little more faithful to your word,
a little more grateful for your gifts,
a little more attentive to your presence,
a little more mindful of my neighbor's needs,
a little more measured in my pace,
a little more generous in my giving,
a little more open this day's opportunities,
a little more trusting in your mercy,
a little more loving in my words and deeds,
a little more present to you in prayer...

I guess if you add up all my "little mores"
it comes out to be quite a lot -
but even with all of them,
it won't be more than I might give today...

It's Sunday, Lord...

It's the Lord's day, your day:
help me spend it with you
and if not all of it
then help me spend a little bit more
than the time I gave you yesterday...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!