1/30/19

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 1/31

Surf Drive Beach, Falmouth, MA by Mark Penta

As January shivers into February,
open my eyes, Lord,
and open my mind and heart,
my imagination and my soul,
to your power in the weather,
your presence in the stillness,
your beauty all around me...

In this shortest month of the year, Lord,
help me find the peace you offer:
when it's cold,
    wrap me in your mercy's warmth;
in the snow,
    cover me with saving grace;
in nature's dormant silence,
    help me find more time for prayer,
    time with you to grow in winter's quiet,
    in the mystery of your love for me...

As January morphs into February,
open all I am, Lord, to all you have to give
and ready me for springtime
and the promise that it holds...

Amen.

(Click on Mark's photo for a larger version)


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!