2/28/19

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 2/28


Quite a week behind me, Lord,
but you know all about that
so the details aren’t important here…

Talk about being thrown off balance!

Sometimes,
just when things seem steady and secure,
I’m knocked off my pins
and I remember - with a jolt -
that I'm not the one in charge here,
that I never really know
what might come next...

An unsettling time it was, Lord,
with worry and fear pitching tents
in my head and heart - and in my belly!

But day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute,
worry yielded to trust and fear gave way to hope
as I turned to you for peace,
the peace I needed
more than anything else...

So, I thank you, Lord,
for your grace over the past week...

And I thank you, Lord,
for your healing and blessings
the week just passed has brought...

And for friends who kept faithful vigil,
who prayed for and supported me,
who offered their encouragement
- I thank you, Lord…

For your breath upon my soul,
reminding of your presence,
refreshing joyful memories,
opening to new blessings
- I thank you, Lord…

Strengthen me in my faith, Lord,
and open me to all the ways
I need yet to heal and grow and change…

So thank you for the past week, Lord,
with its pain and peace,
frustrations and fears,
incisions and insights,
its healing and hopefulness...

Don't let me ever forget, Lord,
that you're always there,
in every hour and every minute,
and in every time and circumstance:
without fail, Lord,
you are always there...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!