2/26/19

WEDNESDAY Morning Offering 2/27


Image: George Mendoza

Easing my way back into the saddle... 

Good morning, good God!

After the past week, Lord,
a week of illness, hospitals and surgery,
I have so much, so very much,
for which to offer you thanks and praise... 

I offer you my thanks
for friends who take you to the ER
and stay with you for hours
through the middle of the night,
waiting, caring patiently for the patient 
who's not just a little bit scared...

I offer you my thanks
for hospitals, nurses, doctors
and all manner of staff who are always there,
waiting to help, to calm, to heal, 
to know what to do next...

I offer you thanks 
for my health care plan and the ability 
to give my name and a number and in return 
have doors open in every direction
ensuring that I'm cared for in the skilled hands 
of those who know what I don't know,
who understand what I don't understand,
who can do what I could never do for myself...

I offer you my thanks 
for the great city a hospital is:
a community of caregivers
tending the community's sick
24/7/365...

I offer you my thanks
for land, buildings, machinery,
equipment, energy and power 
all dedicated to the healing of people
weakened by disease,
broken and needing mending
in body, mind and spirit...

And, Lord, I offer you my thanks
for social media and my smart phone,
my hospital connection:
to family and friends, near and far;
an entertaining distraction 'round the clock;
bearer of greetings, promised prayers, 
words of love - and Words With Friends...

I offer you my thanks
for the prayers of so many
and their encouragement and support,
and most of all for your presence, Lord,
your grace and blessing,
your healing touch on my body and my soul...

I offer you my thanks, Lord,
for all the ways you've healed, strengthened
and revealed yourself to me this past week
and shown me once again
that in good times and in hard times,
indeed in all times, Lord
that all shall be well, all shall be well
that all manner of things shall be well...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!