3/13/19

Pocket Prayer: THURSDAY 3/14


If you'd like one of these pocket Crosses for your own, check here.  Each day this Lent I'll offer a brief thought here (Pocket Prayers) about how Jesus might touch our lives in this holy season.  I hope this will help all of us to be more faithful on our Lenten journey to Easter.

Pocket Prayer for Thursday of the First Week of Lent

The thermometer is finally crawling upwards of freezing,
into the 40's, even the 50's and in a day or two
we may hit the 60's...

But I know it will dip again before spring arrives,
cold days are still in store and likely some snowfall, too
but even a few steps forward and one back
will finally bring us to a warmer time...

Your touch upon my life, Lord,
is like the weather and the change of seasons:
a nudge, a tap, jostling me;
a difference of a few degrees,
hinting at what's yet to come,
promising all I hope for...

As I'm patient with a warmer day
long before the season's change
make me patient with your tap,
your nudge, your smallest, gentlest
touch upon my life...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!