3/1/19

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 3/1

Image source

It happens so simply, Lord: overnight!
February bows out, another month begins
and time marches on...

I've a couple Christmas thank-yous left to send
and yet my preacher's sight is trained
on next Wednesday's ashes
and shades of Lenten purple...

Many, though sometimes subtle, are the ways
my years and months and days take their form
from the coming and going of the fasts and feasts
that mark my heart and my life in your name
and with your Cross...

Lift up my drowsy spirit, Lord:
kindle in me the warmth I need for this day's chill
and the promise of spring and the hope it brings
that in you all things shall rise,
as time marches on...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!