3/16/19

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 3/16


Happy St. Patrick's Day - in advance!

St. Patrick's Day comes tomorrow but many will be celebrating over the course of this whole weekend. Yesterday, today and on Sunday my Pause for Prayer will feature different musical settings of a  prayer attributed to St. Patrick (387-461 A.D.), a prayer titled The Lorica (breastplate) of St. Patrick.

Today's offering is Arvo Part's haunting setting of a portion of the Lorica (Christ with me...) This music has the power to stir the depths of my soul. It's not something I pray with every day but there are definitely days when it's just the prayer I need, especially when I most need to know that Christ is near me, at my side and deep within my heart.  I hope it might stir your soul, too...








     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!