3/16/19

Pocket Prayer: SATURDAY 3/16


If you'd like one of these pocket Crosses for your own, check here.  Each day this Lent I'll offer a brief thought here (Pocket Prayers) about how Jesus might touch our lives in this holy season.  I hope this will help all of us to be more faithful on our Lenten journey to Easter.

Pocket Prayer for SATURDAY of the First Week of Lent

Could it be, Lord,
that you choose to touch my day
with blessings, warmth and peace
while, at the same time,
you seem to hold back your hand
when a madman goes on a killing spree
in a city called Christchurch?

I don't understand, Lord...

I often don't understand
why some are blessed
and others left to suffer...

I don't understand, Lord,
why you reach out here and there
- but not everywhere...

I don't understand how you who love all,
who love each and everyone of us,
fashioned by your hand,
how you allow your beloved to suffer
when there's no end to the blessings
you might offer...

Nor do I understand, Lord, why you,
so truly, purely innocent,
why you were not spared
but suffered, too,
and on behalf, in the place of us
so undeserving of your grace...

It's a mystery to me, Lord,
and most likely, it's a mystery meant to be:
that you love us all and yet allow us all,
in large and smaller ways,
to share in the suffering from which
not even you were spared...

When suffering is mine, Lord,
help me remember days of blessing
and when those very days are upon me,
help me to share the blessings I receive...

And in the mystery of your love, Lord,
touch our lives today,
touch the lives of all you call your own,
and teach us to touch one another
with the blessing, warmth and peace
that is always yours to give
and always ours to share...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!