3/22/19

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 3/23



Way too often, Lord, 
I'm so busy and distracted 
or stuck in my past 
or worried about tomorrow
that I miss 
how you're moving in my life today,
I miss what you're doing in my life today,
I miss how you're acting in my life 
-today-
and I miss all the new ways  
you're caring for me 
and calling me 
to deeper trust in you...

Your love springs forth
but I don't see it, 
I don't recognize it
I don't perceive it: 
I miss it...

So, slow me down, Lord,
and get my attention:
rescue me from the past 
and from my worry and fear of tomorrow: 
open my eyes and my heart 
to what you're doing in my life,
here and now 
- today...

This is the day you've made, Lord,
this is the day I have, 
the day I live,
the only day at hand:
in this day let me rejoice, Lord,
on this day let me at peace,
on this day help me
to see, to recognize, to perceive
and to accept
all the ways you're moving 
in my life...

Amen.   
  

 


   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!