3/9/19

Pocket Prayer: First Sunday in Lent 3/10


The image above is a pocket Cross we're distributing in my parish this Lent: a portable, daily reminder of the ashes we received and the Lenten pledges we made on Ash Wednesday. If you'd like one of these Crosses for your own, check here.  Each day this Lent I'll offer a brief thought here (Pocket Prayers) about how Jesus might touch our lives in this holy season.  I hope this will help all of us to be more faithful on our Lenten journey to Easter.

Pocket Prayer for the First Sunday of Lent

On Sunday of this first full week of Lent.
touch my life, Lord, in some way I least expect
- and then -
tug on my sleeve, whisper in my ear,
chuck me under my chin
or give me a little clue (or a big one!)
lest I miss your healing touch,
your gentle assist, your unexpected blessing
or just your smiling glance
cast in my direction...

Surprise me, Lord,
and do all you can to make sure
I don't miss the surprise!

Surprise me, Jesus
and touch my life
today!

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!