3/16/19

Pocket Prayer for SUNDAY 3/17


If you'd like one of these pocket Crosses for your own, check here.  Each day this Lent I'll offer a brief thought here (Pocket Prayers) about how Jesus might touch our lives in this holy season.  I hope this will help all of us to be more faithful on our Lenten journey to Easter.

Pocket Prayer for SUNDAY of the Second Week of Lent
     (and Saint Patrick's Day!)

It's Saint Patrick's Day, Lord,
and as I hold my pocket Cross this morning
I'm reminded of all the ways your gentle touch
is felt in an old Irish blessing:

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face
and until we meet again
may the Lord hold you
in the palm of his hand...

Meet me with your touch today, Lord,
and let me feel the rush of your wind
upon my shoulders...

Let the light of your face warm mine, Lord,
and hold me, hold me in your arms, in your heart
and in the hallowed hollowed palm
of your hand...

Jesus,
touch my life
today!

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!